Sneak Peek at the Week Ahead
- There will be no Fordyce TV this week, but we will resume again on June 30 with Jeff Kaye. However, if you are on the search and placement side of the business and weren’t able to make it to Las Vegas a few weeks ago for the third annual Fordyce Forum conference, you can still check out the slides of the presentations on our post-conference site. And save the date now, as the fourth annual Fordyce Forum will take place June 9 – 11, 2010 back in Las Vegas, so stay tuned for more info on that in the next few weeks.
- Last Monday, I and 225 of my closest friends, and thousands more at home participated in the first ever Social Recruiting Summit at the Googleplex in Mountain View, CA. The event was a huge success where the discussion happened onsite, online, and throughout the social media world. Over 1200 tweets were sent out on Twitter throughout that day alone using the #socialrecruiting hashtag. If you missed any of the sessions, several of them are available here to view. Also check out this video that our chairperson Susan Burns and ERE’s production manager Brendan Shields put together on the Evolution of Recruiting.
- Remember, you can meet and network with others in the recruiting industry not just on our own community site, but also through Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Time is running out to secure the early bird discount for ERE Expo 2009 Fall taking place in Hollywood, FL from September 9 – 11. Make sure you register by July 3 to receive the $300 early bird discount, and if you are an ERE subscriber, make sure to use product code FL09ERE to save an additional $200. The agenda features over 20 speakers touching on topics such as social recruiting, onboarding, metrics, employer branding and much more. View the full agenda here or download the conference brochure.
- There are currently over 15 recruiting positions posted in the past week on erejobs. If you are looking for your next opportunity, activity has been picking up on the board over the past few weeks so make sure to check the site regularly, or you can also follow @recruiting_jobs on Twitter. And if you are looking to add to your team, remember that 30 day postings are only $25 through August 1, so post your recruiting and HR positions today.
Have a great week, and feel free to leave any questions in the comments below.
Original post created by: ERE Articles